A reasonable layout of “fundamental research-new materials exploration and hi-tech innovation industrialization” has been established in the field of R & D of advanced structural ceramics and composites, whose research objects are oxide, nitride, carbide ceramics and corresponding composites. The main research interests include:
●Material Sciences and Processing
High-performance structural ceramics, reticulated porous ceramics, transparent ceramic for laser or scintillation, light-weight structural ceramics, and various flexible shape forming techniques, etc.
● Industrialization of Advanced Structural Ceramics
Making use of excellent properties of advanced ceramics, such as high strength, high hardness, high-temperature resistance, wear and corrosive resistance, etc., the industrialization of oxide, nitride, carbide ceramics and corresponding composites are being studied to meet the demand for modern industry.
● Special Advanced Structural Ceramics
(1) Ceramic matrix composites, e.g. Cf/SiC, SiCf/SiC, Cf/C and Cf/SiO2.
(2) Oxide, nitride and carbide ceramics.
(3) AlN ceramics for electrical encapsulation